WHAT IS A COA?
A Certificate of Analysis or COA is one of the most important tools you have to determine the quality, purity, and safety of a cannabis product. A COA outlines the test results for a specific product, and are a reflection of our commitment to transparency, and accurate labeling of all of our products. Providing our consumers with product specific COA’s gives peace of mind that what you are purchasing is the purest and safest product we can produce.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN CONSIDERING A NEW CANNABIS PRODUCT?
Learning to read a COA can give you, the consumer, the transparent view of what goes into a cannabis product. With this knowledge, it is important to ask these questions when choosing any cannabis product in order to make an educated, safe, and the most beneficial choice for your specific needs.
- Does the potency of the cannabinoids in the product fit your needs?
- What terpenes are present in the product?
- Is the COA up to date?
- Is the product free of any residual pesticides?
- Is the product free of any residual solvents?
- Is the product free of any microbial?
- Is the product free of any mycotoxins?
- Is the product free of any heavy metals?
WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO TEST CANNABIS?
The California Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC), which regulates the California Cannabis industry, has issued its own cannabis testing requirements. All cannabis products must pass these specific testing requirements before they are sold in dispensaries. These tests ensure the safety, integrity, and consistency of CKSoul and all cannabis products in the California market.
HOW DO I READ A COA?
On the first page of a COA you will see the name of the product in Bold letters (ie. BOOST PLUS), as well as the name of the third party lab that performed the testing. You will be able to see a photo of the product and most importantly the summary of results and dates from the test on the right-hand side. The tests for our products that are in dispensaries will all say Passed, or Complete, meaning they met the requirements set forth by the BCC.
On the bottom of the first page you will find the break down of Cannabinoids per package by Total THC, Total CBD, and Total Cannabinoids in green boxes, beneath that you will see a detailed breakdown of all cannabinoids broken down by percent, mg/g, mg/serving, and mg/package.
On the second page, you will find detailed terpenoid (terpene) analysis with the most potent terpene listed from top to bottom. At the bottom of the page, you will see the primary aromas in that product.
In the following three pages you will find the status (pass of course) and break down of residual pesticides, residual solvents, microbial, mycotoxins, and heavy metals that were tested for.
WHAT DOES CKSOUL TEST FOR?
CKSoul products are cultivated and lab-tested for purity to ensure the highest quality and strength. Our raw cannabinoids are first collected, purified from unwanted plant matter, and later infused with a rich and natural terpene blend. The final product is a safe, solvent-free tincture with an extremely potent cannabinoid content and excellent bioavailability. Each and every CKSoul product has gone through California’s rigorous regulatory lab testing and has been stringently examined by a trusted, certified third-party for potency, pesticides, micro-biologicals, residual solvents, heavy metals, mycotoxins, and terpenes.
- Cannabinoids: We test for the potency of all cannabinoids in a product We strive for 4 or more cannabinoids in every product.
- Pesticides: California’s pesticide regulations for cannabis are considered by most industry watchers to be the strictest in the country. We currently test for 66 pesticides to ensure there are no traces in any CKSoul products
- Residual Solvents: testing for these residual impurities (ie. Alcohol, acetone) that result from unsafe chemical extraction processes.
- Heavy Metals: Heavy metals (ie, arsenic) can enter the plants through soil they are grown in. Because cannabis plants are a bio-accumulator, meaning these toxic metals can accumulate over time in them, it is important to ensure no heavy metals are in any product.
- Mycotoxins: Fungus and mold are the most common mycotoxins that can be found on cannabis. Testing ensures no trace of these toxins,
- Microbials: Tests for pathogens (ie. salmonella and e. Coli) ensure the safety of our product,
- Terpenes: Terpenes are naturally occurring in the cannabis plant. They are reintroduced to CKSoul products to ensure the most medicinal and beneficial product.
WHERE CAN I FIND A CKSOUL PRODUCT COA?
Download the Lucid Green App on your Smartphone when you purchase a CKSoul Product at one of our partner dispensaries. Create a profile and Scan the QR code located on the product packaging by clicking “Scan Lucid ID”. This will prompt your phone’s Camera to open. CLICK, AIM, AND SHOOT is all you need to do for access to view that product's specific COA located in the “What's in it” Tab. Check out this video tutorial!
The power of plant medicine is in your hands!